The delicious and watery melon is a great surprise the coming summers being. But you can see a great difference in its variety. They are thick rim of flesh and seedy middle and they come from the family from which cucumber and squash belongs to. Their variety ranges from cantaloupes, Honeydew and casaba and many others. Variety and taste of melon changes accordingly the land of cultivation. The greatest cultivation of melon is done on Asian lands and Africa and it is thus exported to different countries. The soil of these areas are the most favorable to produce juicy and watery melons. But other than that there are many other countries that cultivate melons.
A Refreshing Fruit to Bite on Scorching Day:
The summers are unbearable. They are hot and make the normal task a burden if you have to spend even a few hours out. But we can’t but a full stop to the daily activates. Melons are one of summer’s coolest, juiciest and healthiest fruits. Melons are a refreshing fruit which gives you water and mineral at the same time and quench your thirst to. The loss of water through sweating also causes loss of salt and mineral out of the body. Melon will balance out the effect. It also prevent from sun stroke. It should be a necessary fruit in your fruit basket of summer all the time.
A Perfect Diet for Weight Loss:
Melons are full of water. They are not only an excellent source of hydration but are a classic fruit to munch on during dieting. It has very less calories in it. A 100 grams cup of melon has only 34 calories in it. And because of the water content it gives the filling effect for longer. A cup of casaba melon cubes has 22 percent of your daily amount of vitamin B6, which helps maintain your body’s metabolism thus it help in faster weight loss. Its sweet taste will also reduce your sugar craving in a positive manner.
Choosing a Perfect Melon for your Fruit Basket:
Selecting a perfect melon can be little bit tricky. And if you once picked up a wrong one you might end up seeking a second fruit. So it’s better to get some knowledge in the area. It is necessary that the whole surface of the melon is firm and event and don’t have some lumpy area. If it is the case it would be rotten from that side. Smell it, a good ripped melon smell is strong and sweet. Always go for medium size of the fruit. And if by bad luck it is not of a good taste then you won’t be having bad feeling of throwing such a big one. Always prefer to buy uncut melons as bacteria grow fast on them and its taste changes if its stay in the refrigerator for more than 36 hours.
Few Out of Many Health Benefits:
- Lower Blood Pressure: A great fruit for the patient of blood pressure. It simple one cup serving has tenpercent recommended allowance of potassium. Potassium is one of the key mineral that lowers blood pressure.
- Built up immune system: Melons are rich in vitamin C, which is the main key for good immune system. A powerful immune system helps us to fight against diseases and help to build healthy gums and teeth.
- Support cardio vascular system: Melons are a rich source of anti-oxidants. They help in effective working of heart muscles and also thin the blood and help its easy flow through the arteries and veins.
- Cancer:Diets rich in beta-carotene from plant foods like melons may play a protective role against prostate cancer, according to a study conducted by the Harvard School of Public Health’s Department of Nutrition. Beta-carotene has also been shown to have an inverse association with the development of colon cancer in the Japanese population.
- Digestion:Melons are rich in both fiber and moisture helps to prevent constipation, promote regularity and maintain a healthy digestive tract.
Author’s bio: He is a member of the creative team at expressgiftservice. He helps to design gift hampers including floral .He contributes useful articles on the subject to the website.