So, your daughter has started showing interest in gymnastics and you have also researched to find the best classes to put her in. Now is the time for the two of you to go shopping for her leotards. You would need more than one and as these leotards are quite expensive, it makes sense to do your research before buying. This article will give you an understanding on the different types of leotards and what to look for when buying one.
What To Look For When Buying Leotards?
When you go to shop for rhythmic gymnastics leotards, you would be amazed to see the huge variety available. This small piece of garment that is a must for gymnastics can be found in so many different colors, patterns, designs and fabrics that it is difficult to choose one.
It is best to try out the leotards in the store before buying and check out the following points:
- Decide for what you want the leotard, only for practice or for a competitive performance. If it is for a performance then the leotard needs to be bright and attractive. It should be able to create an impression on the stage and also go well with your performance.
- The cut of the leotard should be such that it is not too revealing from the top or bottom. There could be certain guidelines for the cut for each competition and check them out before buying.
- Make sure that the wearer feels comfortable and confident in the leotard. It might take a little while getting used to it if it is the first time in leotards.
- The decoration on the leotard should suit the personality of the gymnast and also match with the piece to be performed.
- The suit should fit nice and tightly but should not hamper the movement at the same time.
- Check the fashion trend in leotards at the time. The fashion keeps changing and if you are buying for a performance it would be a good idea to check out the latest trends.
- The leotard looks different from far so make sure to check that out as well.
- Shiny crystals and embellishments look great on leotards. So try them but make sure that they don’t scratch the skin or come in the way during the performance.
From Where Can You Buy The Leotards?
There are many different places to buy the leotards. Most gyms keep a small stock of leotards to sell but they generally do not have a lot of choice and they also keep a lot of mark-up. However it is easy to try it on and get opinion of your friends and instructors if you are buying at the gym. Another advantage is that the leotard is available on the spot.
You can even order them online where you can choose from a huge collection. Size could be a problem as you cannot try out before buying so look for website that have return and exchange policies.
When you are giving a gymnastic performance, everything from your leotard to your moves is important. The leotard will give the first impression to the judges when you come on the carpet and therefore should be nice, smartly cut, well-fitting and appealing.